If you are reading this you might have thought about Email marketing vs Email copywriting.
Current statistics show that about 87% of marketers use email marketing to reach their audience and share their content.
Email Marketing is said to have a return on investment (ROI) of $42 for every $1 spent.
This shows that email marketing is a very effective form of marketing.
What makes email marketing even more effective is email copywriting.
What do I mean?
In this article you will see:
• What email Marketing is
• What email copywriting is
• The benefits of email marketing
• The benefits of email copywriting
• Email Marketing vs email copywriting
• Differences between email Marketing vs email copywriting
• Similarities between email Marketing vs email copywriting
• Email Marketing tips
• Email copywriting tips
Let’s dive in…
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a form of direct marketing where emails are sent strategically and intentionally.
This helps to promote your business, products or services, and inform and engage your audience.
This audience makes up your contact list who initially showed interest in your content and have become your subscribers.
Email Marketing also helps you to automate the emails you send to your subscribers.
It automates when you send them and how many emails you send in a week.
This means you can do the work now and leave it to run itself at the time you have chosen.
This is possible with the use of email marketing software.
Some of these softwares are:
- ConvertKit: You can get started with a free plan.
- MailChimp: This software is cheap and easy to navigate, it also has a free plan.
- Afrofunnels: This is a cheap email marketing software that is built to fit with whatever type of business you run. You can also start for free.
- Systeme.io: This is one of the easiest email marketing software out there.
You can also start free and it is beginner friendly if you are just starting.
Benefits of Email Marketing
1. Build a Strong Customer Relationship
Email Marketing helps you communicate with your audience regularly.
As you do this and fill your customers’ needs, they get familiar with your brand and even become loyal customers.
Keeping your customers engaged with your emails builds that customer relationship which is what your business needs.
2. Email Marketing Increases sales
If you read the introductory part of this article, you now know that email marketing is one of the highest sources of return on investment (ROI) for marketers.
Email Marketing is also used to encourage some of your customers who failed to make a purchase, informing them of discounts or cost savings and providing special offers to them.
This can lead to an increase in sales for your business.
3. Increasing Your Website Traffic
Email Marketing is effective in increasing website traffic.
You don’t have to wait to get rankings on Google before your site gets traffic, you can send emails for every new post you publish.
This makes it possible for your subscribers to see your latest content.
Some email marketing software provides an automated feature that helps you automatically send emails to your subscribers every time you publish a new post on your website.
Therefore, it increases your site traffic and brand awareness over time.
Be sure to provide the URL of your post with a call to action that directs your audience to your site.
What is Email Copywriting?
Email copywriting which is one of the different types of copywriting is the act of writing an email that uses persuasive words to connect with the reader right from the subject of the email to its contents and Call to Action.
Email copywriting is used to appeal to your audience and move them to take the required action.
For an email copy, these factors are very important:
• The subject line:
The subject line grabs the attention of your reader and gets them to open the email.
It also affects email deliverability in many cases because subject lines with spammy words might land in the spam folder and will not be seen.
This can affect and defeat the purpose of the email.
• The preview text: The preview text is meant to attract the reader and tell the reader what is expected inside the email.
It also helps the reader to open your email.
• The email content: The email content is meant to engage the reader, it is very important to be intentional when writing the email, this is where copywriting skills are needed.
• The call To Action (CTA)
Your call-to-action is what accomplishes your goal in the email.
Without it, you cannot achieve the results you want.
Always provide a call to action even if it is a blog post update.
Benefits of Email copywriting
Email copywriting has many benefits it is also one of the copywriting trends of 2022.
1. Moves Your Reader To Take Action
A compelling email copy, right from the subject line is what moves your reader to open the email, read and take the required action.
Email copywriting can achieve this and make your email marketing a successful one.
2. Addresses the Pain Point of Your Reader
Email copywriting helps you address the concerns and pain points of your reader.
Once your reader can see that you have something they need, something that can solve their problem and relieve them of their concerns, it will be easier for them to make a purchase.
This increases sales for your business.
3. Email Copywriting Brings You Recurring Customers
Email copywriting will not only move your readers to take action but will get them to buy from you again.
This is as long as you understand their needs.
With a compelling email copy, you can get recurring customers.
Now that you have seen what email marketing and email copywriting are, let’s address email marketing vs email copywriting and see some differences and similarities between them.
Email Marketing vs Email Copywriting
Email marketing is a form of marketing with the strategy to send emails to an audience.
It is one of the types of marketing many brands use to promote their business.
Email copywriting is the email copy itself that is written to persuade the reader.
What Is the Difference Between Email Marketing vs Email Copywriting?
1. Email Marketing reaches the audience through email while email copywriting reaches the audience through words.
2. Email Marketing aims at delivering emails while email copywriting aims at persuading the reader to take the required action.
3. Email Marketing helps the reader to get familiar with the brand while email copywriting helps to solve the problem of the reader.
4. Email copywriting engages the reader but email marketing does not.
5. Email Marketing is usually automated through software but email copywriting is not.
What Are the Similarities Between Email Marketing vs Email Copywriting?
- Email marketing and email copywriting are both a process of reaching a particular audience.
- Email marketing and email copywriting work together to achieve the purpose of the business.
- Email marketing and email copywriting are both used in the marketing strategy of a business.
- They are both needed to promote the business and increase sales.
Email Marketing Tips
1. Personalize your emails
2. A/B ttesting
3. Check and clean your mailing list
These are 3 important email marketing tips to help your marketing strategy.
1. Personalize Your Emails
Many email marketing software allows codes that will automatically be replaced with a reader’s name or title.
You can also personalize the subject lines and the email copy.
2. A/B Testing
This will help you to make adjustments in your email where necessary.
A/B testing is great on subject lines, the preview text and the email copy.
Test one first before sending out the other, this will help you understand which one brings better results.
3. Check And Clean Your Mailing List
The truth is, some will never open your emails.
Check your mailing list for subscribers who have never opened your emails and clean them out
Yes, you want to reach more people but keeping such subscribers can affect the accuracy of your open rate.
So clean regularly and you will see accurate results.
Email Copywriting Tips
Some email copywriting tips are:
1. Craft a powerful subject line
2. Focus more on benefits
3. Use storytelling to get them to action
Here’s what I mean.
1. Craft a powerful subject line
The subject line is what moves the reader to open the email.
If it is not intriguing enough, it will affect your email open rate.
The subject line should speak curiosity, making the reader worried about missing out.
2. Focus More On Benefits
Avoid focusing on what the product is and what you have achieved with it.
Let your readers see how that product can help them solve their problems and concerns.
Give your reader value to get results.
3. Use Storytelling To Get Them To Action
Storytelling has proven to help a reader relate to your brand and help them see the need for your product.
Use a short story in your email copy to get your readers to imagine.
Make it simple and convey the message to them.
Your story should have emotional triggers to reach the minds of your readers and get them to take action.
4. Make your email copy brief and straight to the point
It is estimated that close to 300 billion emails are sent and received daily.
Therefore you want to be very brief and straight to the point because nobody has the time to keep scrolling for long.
After working hard to get your readers’ attention, don’t throw it away with an overly long email copy.
Let them know you have what they need right from the subject line, and tell them how to get it without wasting their time.
Get them to take action before they get tired of reading.
Best Email Copywriting Course
There are several email copywriting and email marketing courses out there but few with what it takes to help you write powerful email copy.
Here are some email copywriting and email marketing courses to help you see results.
This course gives you free access to a video of the course showing you the email marketing steps to earn $100 per day.
This course shows how a friend made $60K in 4 weeks with the email marketing strategy you will learn in this course.
Email Copywriting PDF
This PDF shows the exact email tactics that get you more clicks from your emails.
Email Marketing vs email copywriting seem similar but serve different purposes.
Although these two terms work to achieve the goal of a business, using them both can prove to add to the success of your brand.
If you have read this far, you now understand the differences and similarities between email marketing and email copywriting.
One thing to note is that you need both to get results.
If you are looking to hire a copywriter for your copy, you can always do so.
Now, I want to know what you think.
What are your thoughts on email marketing vs email copywriting?